Until you sit down and think about it, it doesn’t seem like there are that many undercover agents in the Harry Potter series. After all, it’s not a spy novel or anything, right?
There are TONS of examples of people working under deep cover throughout the Harry Potter series. Can you name them all?
1. She might be considered a sleeper agent because she is introduced in book 1 and not revealed as a spy until book 5.
2. He’s assigned to track down Sirius Black, but he seems to be pretty bad at his job.
3. He uses his family’s wealth to insert himself in the Ministry of Magic
4. He is more of a diplomat than a spy when he attempts to win over a whole magical species.
5. This creature changes sides more than once in response to the treatment he receives at the hand of his various masters.
6. This man spent thirteen years undercover with the Weasleys.
7. He may win the award for most elaborate disguise used by a spy in the Harry Potter series — he may also qualify for the insanity plea!
8. She kept her special talent hidden so she could get the best scoop on a scandalous piece of gossip!