Did you find the answers to these questions about Misdirection, Deception, and Disguises in the Harry Potter series? Time to find out!
1. Why doesn’t the Elder Wand work for Voldemort the way he wants it to?
Voldemort believes he disarmed the Elder Wand’s previous owner by stealing the wand from Dumbledore’s tomb. However, Harry disarmed Dumbledore shortly before his death, making Harry the wand’s master.
2. How does Harry mislead both Ron and Hermione before Ron’s spectacular performance at a Quidditch match in the Half Blood Prince?
He convinces Ron — and even Hermione — that he’s slipped Felix Felicis or “liquid luck” into Ron’s drink. Ron’s confidence makes him perform well despite his lack of luck.
3. How does Hermione mislead Umbridge when the evil Headmistress is about to punish every member of the DA for their clandestine activities?
Hermione pretends to break down and confess that the DA has been creating a weapon for Dumbledore in the Forbidden Forest.
4. Who is the very first person in the Harry Potter series to appear in disguise?
Professor McGonagall appears as a cat in the very first chapter of Sorcerer’s/Philosopher’s Stone!
5. What DA member is in disguise in the Hog’s Head during the first DA meeting?