As I re-watch the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1, it reminded me of all of the spy craft in this book/movie. For those of you who have read Harry Potter and the Art of Spying, you know that the fifth book in the series is the first book to feature spy craft as a central element of the plot (Dumbledore’s Army and the Order of the Phoenix are essentially the CIA of Hogwarts and the wizarding world). However, with the Battle of Hogwarts looming, Harry and his friends clearly embrace their roles as spies in enemy territory, which is a completely different experience!
Can you remember all of the spy craft in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows?
1. How did Hermione ensure that her clandestine activities did not affect her loved ones?
2. How many fake Harry Potters are there at Privet Drive?
3. Why did Snape reveal the plan to move Harry Potter to Voldemort?
4. How do Lupin and Shacklebolt verify each other’s identities?
5. What open source intelligence does Harry use to learn more about Dumbledore’s past?
6. How does Rufus Scrimgeour attempt to find out what Harry, Ron, and Hermione are up to?
7. What kind of code is hidden in the Tales of Beedle the Bard?
8. Who is Elphias Dodge?
9. Where does Hermione take Ron and Harry after the Death Eaters crash Bill and Fleur’s wedding?
10. What is Hermione’s “black bag”?