Monday trivia is back! We will be alternating between trivia and code breaking each Monday for most of the summer. Did you like our Mirror of Erised code from last week? These questions pick up where our last ones left off, with Harry trying to gather information about the Order, the Ministry of Magic, and his godfather’s activities. Can you gather all of the intel to answer these questions?
- Why was it necessary for Harry to use a code when writing to Sirius? OP 278, 280
- Harry tells Sirius that someone new at Hogwarts is “nearly as nice as his mum.” To whom is he referring? OP 280
- When Harry writes that “we are missing our biggest friend” to whom is he referring? OP 280
- The Daily Prophet informs its readers that Order member Sturgis Podmore had been arrested. What for? OP 287-88
- Percy’s letter to Ron telling him not to be friends with Harry includes some inside information about Dumbledore. What is it? OP 297-98
- Percy’s letter to Ron also repeats the “party line” about Harry. What is the party line? OP 297
- When Harry talks to Sirius in the fire the first time, he tells them that Fudge is paranoid and thinks Dumbledore is doing what? OP 303
- For the first part of book 5, Hagrid is in deep cover and incommunicado. What is he doing? OP 424-25
- In order to maintain more control over the school and create a climate of fear, what position is created for Umbridge? OP 306
- The Ministry issues what type of legal document to change the rules and give Umbridge more power? OP 307
Don’t forget to check back tomorrow for the answers!